The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Can't change symbol color
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mohack

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  10:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Pro 8
Operating System: Windows 7

Hi!
I use Origin mostly for data plots. Currently I'm plotting three XY data sets as scatter plots into one layer. It all works fine, except that I can't change the edge color of the symbols of the first set. No matter what color or symbol color type I choose, it's always red! When I select the ring instead of the circle, I can change the fill color, but not the edge color - still red.
I already removed the first set from the plot and re-added it, but I still can't change the color.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

larry_lan

China
Posted - 07/30/2010 :  12:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How about ungroup the plot (right-click, and u will see ungroup) and set then individually?

After ungroup, you can then choose any Open symbol, and set edge and fill color respectively.

If it doesn't work, you can then update your Origin to SR6 and try again.

Thanks
Larry
Go to Top of Page

mohack

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  12:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, that I know ;)
Of course all the sets are ungrouped.
I would like my existing version to work properly, because the same thing worked just finde until yesterday... But I didn't change anything. When I copy the worksheet into a new project, it works again. But I still would like to know what was wrong, since it took some time to get the plot to look like what I wanted..
Thanks anyway :)
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 07/30/2010 :  3:35:41 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

If it happens in a particular OPJ, maybe you can send this OPJ to us? Besides, please also tell us your SN and the Origin SR version.

Thanks
Larry
Go to Top of Page

aidan23

UK
Posted - 10/13/2010 :  08:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just had a similar `problem' (v7.0 SR4, XP Pro SP3)

A couple of datamarkers from one dataset on a graph had turned red, despite the datamarkers, lines and error-bars being set blue. (Error-bars stay blue). I could not get them to turn back to blue!

Turns out it was my fault all along.

After much tearing-out of hair, it turns out I had applied a mask to the `unresponsive' dataset (for fitting part of it): the symbols for the part of the dataset which is masked turns red to indicate masking is applied.

Removing the masking shows the correct symbol color.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by - aidan23 on 10/13/2010 08:54:57 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000