The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 ~TMP~filename
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cab0008

25 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  3:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had the problem dealing with saving files to a hard drive (in this case a mapped network to a server) in which the file is split into 2 files and then crashes.

The file holding most of the information is labeled with ~TMP~ at the start, while the regular file ends up containing only a couple of worksheets.

This problem only happens about 80% of the time during times of saving or creating the file and usually (but not always) displays the "send error report" screen. The files are created by labview which uses an extension or something to origin.

However, these are not the only problems I'm having. The files also delete themselves or crash unexpectedly at random times as well as having errors such as "not enough memory to allocate" or "not enough local memory". These errors occur about 40% of the time, usually during calculations or creation of the file.

I have 1 stick of 2gb ram which only has about 500mb being used at any time, but I was wondering if maybe there is something I do not get in dealing with how the memory is written. Should I get more ram for my system to fix this problem so the system can access 2 memory locations in parallel or is the problem different than that?

I thought it may have had to do with the server connection but I tested the process by saving locally and all of the problems still occurred.

Thanks for any help if anyone has experienced this before.

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0 SR6
Operating System: xp

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  5:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Chase,

So this application is calling Origin as COM-server from LabVIEW using the Origin SubVIs?

Which app is saving the file? Origin or LabVIEW? If it is an Origin subVI that is saving and then you see this problem, can you send specifics to tech support?

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Daniel Yin

China
1 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  03:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I also have this problem that when I save files, Origin stops incorrectly, and meanwhile a ~TMP~filename.opj was produced.

Also when the incorrectly stopped OPJ is loaded again, the existed fitting information was totally lost.

I was wondering how to solve this problem
Thanks~
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 09/23/2010 :  04:48:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Daniel:

Which Origin version are you using? Do you also save the file to a web (mapped) driver? If so, can you see the same problem when saving file on local driver?

Thanks
Larry

Edited by - larry_lan on 09/23/2010 04:50:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

cab0008

25 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  5:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Easwar,

I'm not entirely sure of what is occuring with the Labview program right now since I didn't write it, but I'm going to figure out the process sometime when I can speak to the creators.
However, what I believe is going on is the labview program is creating the file (the prgram brings up a box which states that it is doing so). Then Origin starts running and all of the worksheets begin to pop up within the window. At this point the program either shuts off directly after all of the worksheets are created or it remains running.

If it remains running, at any point the program may shut off from now until saving, and after shutting off it will create the split ~Tmp~ and regular file.
The problem is not consistent either which makes it difficult to pinpoint, but it usually does not like the actions of creating the file, alt+3 for the command window, ctrl+s for saving, or exiting the origin program.

I may be able to say more definitively whether or not its a COM server within a week or so, and hopefully I'll be able to get some more RAM by then too for the local memory errors.

As always, thanks for the quick reply and everything you guys do. The code you helped me with earlier is working wonderfully whenever it is not hindered by this issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000