The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Using origin lab 8.1 for 4 parameter logisctic fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

khatrig2

2 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  2:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am trying to use Originlab 8.1 to calculate concentration of pge-2 in my media samples using 4 parameter logistic fit. Can anyone help me step by step to make a std curve and then calculate pge-2 conc from that curve?

larry_lan

China
Posted - 09/23/2010 :  04:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

We don't support logistic regression in Origin 8.1.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  11:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi khatrig2,

I think you mean fitting with the logistic equation
http://originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/UserGuide/Logistic.html
and not logistic regression?

If you want to know about fitting to logistic equation and then using standard curve to get x/y values for y/x values, do the following:
Go to File menu in your Origin 8.1/8.5 and use the Recent Books menu to open the Analysis Template named Assays.ogw
That template is located in the \Templates\Analysis subfolder.

That template has further instructions on how to use it. Please e-mail tech support if you need further help.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

khatrig2

2 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  12:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks easwar,

I mean exactly what you said. Could you please send me an example where such protocol is used. I tried to open and use template but the instructions are not clear there.

Thanks
Khatrig2
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  2:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The first sheet in the workbook, Note, just contains an embedded Notes window with a list of instructions.

The second sheet, Raw Data, is where you want to go. Click the "Config" button at the top of the sheet. In the dialog that opens specify both the format of the data and the Function (as Logistic). Import your data into this sheet. The import of the data will trigger the analysis to run. View the other sheets for the results.

Does this help?

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000