The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 contour plot origin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

scalpa

France
Posted - 10/27/2010 :  06:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):8.0988
Operating System:win7

Hello,
I'm having an issue with the origin of a contour plot (xyz plot). my values range from +3 to -2 but I want the color corresponding to zero to be black (or white, but smthg neutral). is there a way to do that ?

thanks

P

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  12:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Double click on your contour plot to open Plot Details.
On the Color Map/Contours tab is the table of Z Levels and Fill colors.
Click on the color next to your 0 level.
Change to whatever color you like.
Go to Top of Page

scalpa

France
Posted - 10/28/2010 :  03:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi greg,
thank you for your suggestion but it's not quite what I'm trying to do. I code with say 32 colors and I'd like these colors to vary continuously between high value and low value (which is negative) but I want in the same time that within this gradation of colors, the 0 value is always at the same color (black or white).
i'll put it in other words: if I code between 3 and -3, I can manage for the 0 value to black but if I now change to (-2, 3), the black will correspond to .5. I'd like to impose it to be at zero.
thanks for any help

best

P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000