The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 analysis templates and multiple files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jfeighery

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  2:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: 8.5.0 SR0
Operating System: Win XP

I trying to generate a plot of several different models fitting a set of experimental data. The data for each fitted model is found in a separate data file, so I set up an import filter for this type of file, then imported 4 files using the wizard into separate sheets. I have a 5th sheet with the original experimental data pasted in from excel, then a 6th sheet where I paste-link the data from the other sheets. Finally, the graph is embedded in the last sheet.

I did save-window-as to save as an analysis template. Now my question is: how do I use this to do the same analysis on a new batch of files? I tried using import wizard specifying the analysis template I just made. It seems that no matter what option I choose (new sheets, new books, replace..) it makes a separate book for each file.

Do analysis templates only work with one "raw data" sheet? Is there a better way to do what I am trying to do?

Also, does the graph automatically update when embedded in a template or is it still linked to the original book it was made from?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

-John

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  10:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi John,

There may not be a way to do this from GUI, but it should be possible to do this using LabTalk script.

It may be best if you send your template/book and a set of files to tech support so we can look at this more closely and suggest what is best way to automate what you want.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

jfeighery

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  10:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, I sent the files via the contact form. I could imagine a script that adds the files as new rows then somehow puts them into the template.

The issue I can't figure out is how to get the embedded graph to reference the sheet in the analysis template. Every new instance I open of the analysis template has the plot showing the old data even though I cleared the imported columns before saving as template. Strangely, the observed data (which I left in a separate sheet, not cleared out) has disappeared from the graph. If I look in the bottom pane of the plot I see strange codes:

I can't seem to find anything in the documentation or forum explaining these reference codes or how to edit them as one might in excel. All the batch processing and custom report examples seem to deal with the embedded plots generated by built-in analysis functions.

Thanks again for your help.

-John
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  11:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Before you import you should run Clearworksheet since missing values are 'real' values in the sense that they occupy rows. Do this before you save your template and you won't need to worry about this step again.

Your graph seems to refer to worksheets that no longer exist (the @# notation refers to sheet indexes) so somehow the graph has become a static image. After importing new data, re-create your graph from the data in your template, then delete the existing embedded graph and embed the new graph. Clear your data worksheet and save the template and you should be all set.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000