The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 A fitting function that gets data from a WS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Baobob

France
5 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  11:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello all,

I am trying to fit an experimental curve of quantum efficiency (QE) measured as a function of wavelength (WL) with a model that is not a function of WL, but rather a function of absorption (A).
I have at my disposal the absorption value for each WL, from a separate measurement.
So I filled a worksheet with WL as a X column, and QE and A as Y columns, plotted QE(WL).
I think I need to set WL as the independent variable in the Edit Function window, but then, I don't know how to "call" the value of A that corresponds to each WL. Or maybe that's not at all the way it should be done.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Origin 7.5 SR6
Windows 7

larry_lan

China
Posted - 11/18/2010 :  01:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

It depends how you organize your data. Does your Absorption value mapped to WL one by one? If so, the following example is a quick solution:

Supposed your data is organized like:

Then you can define a function like:

Function type: Origin C
Independent Variable: Absorption, WL
Dependent Variable: QE
Function Body:
	QE = a + b * Absorption;
	WL;

(Supposed the function is a simple linear model) Note that WL never used during fitting.

Then in NLSF dialog, assign datasets as follow to fit.

Column 1 -> WL
Column 2 -> Absorption
Column 3 -> QE

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Baobob

France
5 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  05:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Larry, thank you for your answer. It worked very well.

Origin 7.5 SR6
Windows 7
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000