The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Import Ascii file -- skip character on each line
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DerPionier

Germany
Posted - 01/25/2011 :  09:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I have a question concerning the option "skip character on each line" at the "import manager".
My problem is, that I want to import a file where I want to skip the first character on each line. However, the option "skip character on each line" only seems to skip the first characters in the header lines. Is there a possibility to skip the first character in the data lines? Because the problem in my ascii file is, that every line starts with an "S". That confuses the importer so it would be nice to be able to skip this "S" on each line.

Thanks for the help.

Orign version: 8.50G SR1
operating system: Win XP

Sam Fang

291 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  04:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If your first character is separated by SPACE in each line, then you can use Import Options: Partial Import: From Column in impASC dialog, and change it to 2 to skip the first column, i.e the first character.

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

DerPionier

Germany
Posted - 01/27/2011 :  10:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately, the character is not separated by Space. But I found an other solution using the programm "A.F.9. replace some bytes" by replacing the "S" in all the files.

Thanks anyway!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000