The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 axes titles disappear in Powerpoint after save
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

blanpied

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  6:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

Often but of course not always, when I save a powerpoint PPT into which I've embedded an origin graph, the graph expands within the pasted object size, cutting off for instance the axes titles. If I double-click to edit the graph again, then close the Origin window without doing anything, the graph reappears properly formatted in the PPT. However, if I then save the PPT again, the graph improperly reformats once more.

This tends to happen most often if the graph is the last thing I've edited in the PPT, though it can happen even after editing other items in the file.

It can happen in PPTs that I send to other people.

The error is reproduced in printed and PDF versions made from the PPT.

It's happened to me since way back in Origin 5 or 6 at least, and happens on multiple computers with students in my lab.

Any help on this is appreciated!

Tom

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8, SR6
Operating System: Win XPPro

larry_lan

China
Posted - 01/30/2011 :  02:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What's your office version?

Could you please save the PPT as office 2003 format and check again?

Thanks
Larry
Go to Top of Page

blanpied

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  09:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by larry_lan

What's your office version?

Could you please save the PPT as office 2003 format and check again?

I'm using Office 2007 now, but don't have access to 2003 anymore. However, the same thing has happened in previous versions of Office, including 2003 and I believe earlier as well.

I'm happy to post or mail a file if you'd like.
Tom
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 01/30/2011 :  10:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

It will be great if you can send us the files. Please go to this page and submit your file.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000