The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Retaining exact data, rather than Origin creating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jojojovich

4 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  7:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows 7, evaluation 8.5

I keep running into the same thing, where Origin is creating data points to fill in between data I'm trying to plot in graphs, yet, I am using the exact data I need to be used in the plots I am creating.

I keep needing to jury-rig the From/To/Increment/Major Levels, etc, inside the Set Levels / Level in the Plot Details, which makes me nervous given changing these changes the data I see plotted on my [contour] graph. My data points are specified exactly as I need to see them indicated by this graph -- is there an easy way to do that, without needing to just guessthat they are accurately portrayed by what I set inside the Levels dialogue?

I mean, I can see when it looks like they are set up accurately, but, I can change things that make it still look like they are set up accurately by the levels' numbers shown in the Level dialogue, yet the contour indications change... entirely. I am afraid!

The Details:
Data points are only 1, 2, or 3
It is only those levels I need to see indicated by the contour graph's colors. Yet it insists on also indicating <1 and >2, or >3 (depending if I indicate its range should be 0-2, or 1-3. Though too, what is plotted changes entirely between these two settings, and it is indicating a number of areas it has deemed being <1, which is indicated by no data in that column.

Also, I if I cancel after applying, the changes stick though I've not chosen Okay, which is disarming. Any way around that?

Thanks!!

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 01/28/2011 :  02:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jojojovich,

I suppose you want to specify the color levels for contour plot by yourself. Actually, the value of each level can be edited by double-clicking it. (The settings in the Level dialog won't change along with the editing.) Input the values you want in the Level column, then click Apply button. The color level and legend will be updated in contour graph. Besides, you can check the "Show Data Points" box in the Grid Fill Control group to show the source data in the XYZ contour plot.

After you click "Apply" button, all changes can't be undone in current Origin although you click "Cancel" button. I suggest you duplicate a graph before applying uncertain changes. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I am not sure if these are what you want. Any problem, please contact us freely, tech@originlab.com.

Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 01/28/2011 03:07:54 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000