The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multiple Fill Area Plots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tpujol

Spain
2 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  09:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 8 SR4
Operating System: Windows XP

Dear all,

I have a graph consisting of two different layers. In each one of the layers I want to plot two "fill area plots". Then, I go to the "plot setup" select one X and two Y columns of the datasheet and add it to the corresponding layer. Doing this, I obtain two group entities for each layer that correspond to the two "fill area plots" per layer I want to obtain.
However, I can only modify the pattern of one of the four fill area plots I have created. The others three do not show any pattern neither are fill. In addition, the program crashes when I try to modify the plot details. I have noted that it says "Fill Area" in the Plot Type list of the Plot Setup window. However, it says "High-low-close" in the Plot Type of the Plot Details window.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  5:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Each fill area graph needs to be in a separate layer, so you will need 4 layers. 2 of these layers can be linked with the same scales and superimposed; you can even turn off the axes.

Yes, the fill area plot type shows as high-low-close. It is somewhat of a special plot type which is why you can have only one per layer.

In our latest version, you can have more than one per layer. You can download the demo and try it out.

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

tpujol

Spain
2 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  04:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did try to plot each fill area graph in separate layers but it does not work.
For the first layer it is ok.
However, for the second layer, at first sight it looks like it works (I see a black shadow region between both Y columns) but when I modify the axis-scale and/or try to replace the black shadow region for a given pattern, the fill area region completely disappears (although a given pattern and/or fill color is activated in the Plot:Details window).
Any help?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000