The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 SAVING PROJECT opj
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dukeval

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  8:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hi

Please I'm using the OriginPro 8.5 (student version) and running it through the VMware fusion on my Macbook. Each folder in the project is about 266MB and I have 4 folders!In each work sheet I have over 144000 columns: bottom line I have very large data to analyse. My issue is it takes over 4mins to save a project and whiile this is saving,nothing else can be done on the system. I don't know if its the Origin that can't handle the data or otherwise. However, I extracted my data but lost it all because the Origin software suddenly crashed, hence I have to save each folder. I would like some advice please on any means I can have it to work faster, beacause I have graphs to plot,normalisation and more sub folders to create in each main folder and I have to save the work for reference and onward transfer into my dissertation after analysis.

My system spec is a 250GB Macbook with a 2GB ram 1067 MHz DDR3, 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo. I'd appreciate some help please. Cheers.

Val.

dukeval

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  8:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In addition it just gave me an error message saying 'origin could not back up the previous version of file!The file was not saved, the problem may be due to the disk being full, the file backup.opj being read only, or there is a write restriction on the folder containing backup.opj. Would you like to continue saving file?this may fail unless you first free up some space on the disk or remove write restriction on the folder containing backup.opj'

Which disk is been referred to?Origin or my laptop's??My laptop is certainly free. I would appreciate some help. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000