The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Failed to invoke function XFOperation::ChangeParam
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  1:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8 SR0
Operating System:Windows 7

I have re installed origin recently. Now I wanted to change some of the fit parameters in a project created before re installation. I can open the project, but when I go to the green lock (I did gauss fit to the data) and change the parameters , I get the following error :
"Failed to invoke function XFOperation::ChangeParam in file Originlab\XFOperation.cpp, either Origin C file is missing or compilation failed."
Please help me resolve this issue. And I don't want to update my version of Origin. So please give me a solution in the current version.

AB

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  2:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AB,

Please click the link "Send File to Tech Support" on top right of the forum page, then send your OPJ to us, so we can take a look. Refer to this forum post in your message.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  3:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Its solved..never mind

AB
Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  10:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi there, the problem is there in all the origin files I have made (all where I have used fitting) before re-installation...In one of them it went away like I said before but now, as I try to open the others, all have the same problem saying :
"Failed to invoke function XFOperation::ChangeParam in file Originlab\XFOperation.cpp, either Origin C file is missing or compilation failed."
Please help quickly..

AB
Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  11:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please give me a solution other than re-installation....These kind of unfortunate problems are turning me off from origin...but I really want to continue with it as I have done a lot of programming stuff in origin C to use with my research andi t might be hard for me to switch at this point! Also everytime I reinstall, i loose all my settings which I don't want to. So re-installation is not an option for me....
I have found the following :
I went to the *.cpp file mentioned in my last post, added it to my workspace and try to compile it ..get the following error message:

"compiling...
XFOperation.cpp
compiling...
wksOperation__PCH.OPH
Linking...
C:\Program Files (x86)\OriginLab\Origin8\OriginC\OriginLab\XFOPERATION.CPP(383) :Error, Function GetTree@_OGAAAAAA was called, but its body could not be located during linking.
Linking Failed!
"

So it seems somehow I have messed with the file which has the body of the GetTree function....
So can anyone tell me which file is supposed to have the body of this function ?

AB
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  1:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AB,

Origin 8.0 SR0 is a quite early release, and the most fixed release is SR6. I suggest you to upgrade to SR6 by check-for-updates first so that we can eliminate the possibility of bugs which may have been already fixed in the later service release.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

P.S. You can reinstall 8.0 SR6 directly from its installation file downloadable from:
http://www.originlab.com/restricted/file_download.aspx?site=MA&file=/restricted/download_files/Origin8Installer.exe

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 06/06/2011 1:26:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  3:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Hideo,
I do not want to upgrade to new version now. The last time I did, it messed up everything and I had to reinstall !! Could you please answer my last question instead, i.e., where the body of the function GetTree(Treenode&) is supposed to be located ?

AB
Go to Top of Page

Iris_Bai

China
Posted - 06/06/2011 :  9:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please run the following script in Script window. It will include XFOperation.cpp file and the dependent files into Code Builder workspace.
run.LoadOC(Originlab\XFOperation.cpp, 16)

After running, please check Temporary folder in Code Builder, there are 3 files and have been compiled and linked.

Or directly manually add the following 3 files into User folder in Code Builder(added files to Workspace):
event_utils.c
wksOperation.c
XFOperation.cpp

BTW, the function body of GetTree method is in wksOperation.c.

Please try.

Iris

Edited by - Iris_Bai on 06/07/2011 12:10:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  01:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It worked Iris..Thanks a lot..Thank you so much.

AB
Go to Top of Page

swati_g

India
5 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  3:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am having same problem
Origin verion: 8 PRO

I run the script run.LoadOC(Originlab\XFOperation.cpp, 16) but in temporary folder only XFOperation was found and got following error message

compiling...
wksOperation.C
Linking...
C:\Program Files\OriginLab\Origin8\OriginC\Originlab\WKSOPERATION.C(483) :Error, Function get_source_page_name@LBAAAAAAOGAAAAAABCAAAAAALBAAAAAA was called, but its body could not be located during linking.
Linking Failed!

Plz help me soon. I am in a very big problem due to this
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  3:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

In Code Builder, right click User folder in left panel and choose Add Files.

Navigate to Origin exe\OriginC\OriginLab\ folder.
Add wksOperation.c.

Choose Build: Rebuild All menu.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.

Go to Top of Page

swati_g

India
5 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  5:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks a lot snowli.... you saved me

But I want to know that do I have to do 'Rebuild All' everytime I start origin coz it's showing same problem if I dont do 'Rebuild All'
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  5:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are very welcome.

You can drag the file and move it to System folder in Code Builder.

Then you don't need to recompile it everytime.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page

swati_g

India
5 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  5:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank again.....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000