The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data Normalization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

zango24

India
Posted - 05/12/2011 :  5:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin 8. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Xp and Win 7

Dear All,
I have many columns in my book. There are close to 200 rows in each column. Normally, in the origin, we can normalize each column one by one with user defined value or auto normalize with the min or max value of the column.

In my case, I am interested to normalize multi columns together each with specific row value e.g. Row 10 value of each columns.

If there is a possibility to write a small script it would be a great help.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Zan

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  11:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Zan,

So you want to normalize each column so that the value in the 10th row is a user defined value?

Try this script:

double dvalue = 1.0; // change this value as you need
for(int icol=1; icol<=wks.ncols; icol++)
{
   range rcol = wcol(icol);
   rcol *= dvalue/rcol[10];
}

Also look at the LabTalk scripting guide to learn more about scripting:
http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/ltwiki/index.php?title=Category:LabTalk_Programming

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000