The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Titration curve
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MagicAcid

2 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  06:26:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everyone,

I would like to create a diagram containing a titration curve in origin. The y-axis should show the pH and the x-axis should be the volume of acid/base that was added to an amino acid.
One time HCl was given to the amino acid, the other time it was NaOH. In my diagram I need to have both titrations in one graph. In the middle of the x-axis there should be V = 0 mL. To the right there should be the added volume of NaOH and to the left the added volume of HCl so that the plotted volume increases to both sides and with the curve rising to the right and falling to the left (as the pH increases with NaOH and decreases with HCl).
How can I do that? I sort of need to x-axes in one.

I hope I didn't do too many mistakes in English ;-)
Would be very glad if someone helped me!

Greetings,
MagicAcid

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi MagicAcid,

I am assuming you then have two separate XY datasets where one is for the acid and the other for the base.

Then the most flexible way to plot this is perhaps to have the datasets plotted in two separate layers, and place the layers next to each other, sharing a linked Y axis, but the X axes go in the opposite direction.

See this graph gallery entry for a similar graph:
http://originlab.com/www/products/GraphGallery.aspx?GID=212&s=8&lm=215
Here there are four layers, you just need two.

There is a tutorial associated with that graph gallery item:
http://originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/mergedProjects/Tutorial/Tutorial/Bar_Graph_of_African_Population.html
so you can view the steps in this tutorial to create a similar graph with your data.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

MagicAcid

2 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  06:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much for your help! It worked out well
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000