The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 impASC Error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gleeblejim

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  09:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening!

I've been developing a new opx for my company and whenever I import data through the Menu Item my opx makes, I get the following error:

impASC:X-Function failed to execute!
Bad argument, menu:=Stuff\Trial
Allowed Values are:
single, multiple

The odd thing is that if I import the same file on my desktop it imports perfectly. I only get the message above when I'm importing something out of folders. Also if I do File->Import->Single ASCII both import just fine.

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  4:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You should remove "menu:=Stuff\Trial" from the script. That option is only for controlling how the XF appears in menu, should not be used in code at all.

CP
Go to Top of Page

gleeblejim

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  06:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks CP. I'll double check but I think that line isn't in my code. That's part of the folder location. The folder is on my desktop. It's Desktop -> Smorigin Stuff\Trial Data\ and then the data. But when I have the data files directly on my desktop it doesn't give me any issues.
Go to Top of Page

gleeblejim

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  11:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
yeah the "menu:=Stuff\Trial" was taken from the folder location. It wasn't in the script. It looks like my issue goes back to my other post "impasc vs. open -w". I didn't have this issue with open -w, but it wouldn't see the long names. I'm not using impasc which is working great minus seeing errors like I listed. The Bad Argument Error changes depending on what someone named their folders as. Suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

gleeblejim

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  11:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Learned that when using impasc %1, if you have a space in the file name or folder name, then it will create a new string at every space causing the error. if you use impasc "%1", then it will work. Learned this from Originlabs great customer service!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000