The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 symbols on top of lines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

roland@nrl1

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  12:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When plotting data as symbols, along with a fitted curve, I'd like the symbols to be on top of the curve (i.e., symbol to the front, line to the back). Note that I am using solid symbols, so "open" or "hollow" have no meaning.

Sometimes (but not always) this seems to be governed by the order they appear under Layer in the Plot Details box. Is there an easy way to control this?

Thanks for any help.

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  4:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As long as you're plotting only two data sets (data and fit) you can try reversing the order of the data plots in the layer. Enter "lay -r" in the script window (without the quotes) and see if that accomplishes what you want.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2001 :  2:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You should double-click the Layer icon on the top left corner of the graph to open the layer1 dialog. You can then move a data plot out of the layer and move it back to change its order.

CP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000