The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 remove data from graph not from worksheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hesaboogie

12 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  11:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.6
Operating System: WinXP

Hi all,

i'd like to know if it's possible to remove (or mask) data points in a graph window with no effect on other graph windows.

Because if i remove the points, they will be deleted in the worksheets and if i mask them, they will also be masked in all other graph windows that are using the same worksheet.

The only solution i can think of is to make a worksheet query to have a worksheet which only gives the data to the desired graph but not to others. But i don't really like this solution because i would have the same data in 2 worksheets which can be confusing when you have a big mass of data.

Is there another solution to this?

Thanks in advance,
theresa.

cjk209

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  12:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This probably isn't a good solution, but here is what I do in similar situations when plotting X/Y data from sheets:

1. Right-click on Sheet with X/Y data. Click Duplicate.
2. Quickly replot the same graph using the new, duplicate sheet.

Now you have two of the same graphs but working off of two different sheets. You can play around with the newest graph, perfecting which data you want to plot and it won't effect any other graph already plotted. Kind of tedious and probably not useful unless you have X/Y data in sheets. :/
Go to Top of Page

cjk209

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  12:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
...but, as you mentioned, what I responded with can get confusing if you have a bunch of duplicate sheets.
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  11:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin Graphs and Analysis are designed to be live updates of your data, so if if you mask (or delete) data in one graph, then any other graphs and analyses which depend on that data will change accordingly.

Whichever solution you try (Query or straight duplication) will result in data duplication. If you use sheet duplication, then you can use the right-click context menus for graphs (whether it's the original or the copy) and the left-click context menus of operation locks to go to the source data.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000