The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Non-Linear fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Molaidon

Netherlands
1 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2013 :  3:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0
Operating System: Win7

Hello,
I have a series of data points which roughly follow 1/x.
I need Origin to plot a line through these points but I cannot figure out how to do this, the standard fitting functions do not get me a decent plot through the datapoints. Google wasn't very helpful for me either, I could only find how to fit a simple exponential or gaussian function.
Could anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Molaidon

JessieWoo

China
46 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  02:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Bryan,

Would you please try the built-in "Allometric1" function, whose formula is y=ax^b? Follow the steps below.

1. Open the NLFit dialog (Analysis: Fitting: Nonlinear Curve Fit).

2. Set Category as Power and select Allometric1 function.

3. Go to the Parameters tab.

4. Check the Fixed box of the second row and set the value as "-1" to fix the parameter "b" to "-1".

Best Regard,
Jessie
Originlab Corp.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000