The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D Layer Graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

chemaliusman

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  06:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi to all,
I am looking to plot the 3D layer graph for the following data:
Looking for sincere help?
Regards
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

USA

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  12:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am not sure what you mean by p - which suggests four dimensional data and makes the meaning of Y1 questionable.
If what you mean is:

Then you can set your three Z columns as Z Plot Designation and plot all three as 3D Symbol/Bar/Vector : Scatter.
Go to Top of Page

chemaliusman

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2014 :  05:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Greg,
For one value of X, I have different values of Y and Z varying. And for each set of Y and Z values I am getting different values of P.
I think you got my point.
Means different surfaces of Y and Z of P at different X.
Numerical data is as:

USA
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2014 :  4:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So there are four dimensions of data so you will have to make a choice to display multiple surfaces of three dimensions or one 3D Scatter using indexing on the fourth dimension.
Either choice requires a data re-arrangement.
There seems to be no real information in your X, Y and Z other than spacial distribution which suggests a data arrangement and plot as shown on the right here:

I used column D as Index by Size and Index by Colormap.

On the left, your X data is split into groups of three columns. The first three XYZ (your YZP) are for X=0.1 and used to create one surface (blue with some transparency) and the next three XYZ (again, your YZP) are for X=0.2 and used to create another surface (orange).

Adding more "X" values will increase the density of spheres on the right or add more surfaces on the left.
Go to Top of Page

chemaliusman

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  05:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear greg,

yes the data is not the real information.
I understand the your point but I am totally new to Origin and I have to start with this 3D. I am a good user of Excel but its not possible to draw such or with such good details.

Actually I am looking for help.

Regards

USA
Go to Top of Page

chemaliusman

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2014 :  07:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Greg,

Looking for your reply?

Many thanks

USA
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2014 :  12:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't know what help you require.
Go to Top of Page

chemaliusman

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  05:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HI Greg,

I am beginner in the Origin.

Can you help me in the surface plot. means how to plot any guidance etc?

Regards

USA
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  09:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Using my image as a guide...

If your worksheet is like the one on the left, with nothing selected, choose Plot : 3D Surface : Colormap Surface.
Check A as X, B as Y and C as Z and click Add. (If you do not see "Add" and only see "OK" and "Cancel", click the button next to "Cancel".)
Repeat : D as X, E as Y and F as Z and click Add until all columns have been added.

If your worksheet is like the one on the right, select the C(Z) column and choose Plot : 3D Symbol/Bar/Vector : 3D Scatter.
Choose Format : Plot Properties and set Size to col(D) and/or Color to Color Mapping : Col(D).

Check out some of our Video Tutorials to learn more about plotting in Origin.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000