The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Non linear fitting with constraints
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2014 :  2:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.1
Operating System: Windows 7

I am performing a 3rd order polynomial fit to my data and want the fit to pass through specific points. I can use the constraint tab and put my constraints there. If I have 2-3 constraints there, it works fine. Anymore and fitting is not converging with reasons unknown. Can you please tell me is there is any limit to number of linear constraints I can put in origin for a fitting function? I do not see any such limit anywhere in the documentations. I am using Origin 8.5.1 on windows 7.

AB

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2014 :  2:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you have too many points that need to be passed through, maybe it's just impossible by 3rd order poly-line. Can you higher the poly order and try again?

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

a.abc.b35

175 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2014 :  7:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think I know what you mean. Consider it solved! Thanks for the prompt reply.

AB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000