The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 colormap in 3D scatter or 2D xy plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hz283

1 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2014 :  07:10:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear All,

I have two questions about including the colormap in 3D scatter plot or 2D xy plot.

1, I found the following graphics about the 3D scatter with colormap:
http://www.originlab.com/www/products/GraphGallery.aspx?GID=299

I also would like to plot figures like it. I check the procedures for making that figure but I found in my version of origin (OriginPro 8), the following cannot be found:
=================
2.Select "Plot:3D Symbol/Bar/Vector:3D Scatter" to generate scatter plot.
=================

Is this function completely new in Origin 9.1? How can make it using my version?

2, I also would like to plot the XY plot but with the colormap to visualize the third variable Z. I find the following examples (Figs 1 and 2) on Origin website:

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=SOLUTIONS/CaseStudies&PID=2117

But I am not sure how we can make it using OriginPro 8?

Could anybody give some hints about the above questions?

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  06:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

For first question, you can also make 3D scatter plot as shown in the example in OriginPro 8. With XYZ dataset highlighted, go to Plot:3D XYZ:3D Scatter. Double click the graph to bring up "Plot Details" dialog, expand the node on left panel. Highlight "Original" subnode, click the "Fill Color: Automatic" on the right panel and Select "Color Mapping" and choose a column from the worksheet for this mapping.

To create the projection, just simply check "XY Projection", "ZX Projection" and "YZ Projection" subnodes just under "Original" node.

For second question, double click on the XY plot to bring up "Plot Details" dialog. Go to the subnode under "Layer1" node, and select "Color Mapping: Col(C)" from "Symbol Color" drop-down list under "Symbol" tab by clicking into "Black" button.

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech Service
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000