The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Extract specific values from Fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Eli_Origin

1 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  06:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have batch processed large amounts of spectroscopic data (which has been fitted using a built-in fit function).

Each spectrum and its fit is in a separate workbook.

I now need a table giving me the number (or book file name) of the spectrum in one column, followed by specific outputs of the fits (basically, copying over certain fitted parameters off each workbook) into a "master" table.

Is there any way I could automate this copy/paste business? Since they have been batch processed, the location of the required numbers would be exactly the same for each workbook.

Thank you for your help!

--
Eli

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  10:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Eli,

We actually have Batch Peak Analysis by Theme which can batch process each spectrum and at the end generate a summary table for all specturms. This will be helpful for your future analysis.
See this video
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=1886

But since you already batch processed your data. I am thinking our Append Worksheet tool may fit your need.

You can choose Worksheet: Append Worksheet menu.

Click the > in Worksheets box and choose e.g. Sheets in Folder (suppose all sheets are in current folder).
Set Append by: Row.

It will stack each sheets row after row. You may need to enter file name or number manually in the result sheet you get.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000