The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 OrininLab hangs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Airbusf

2 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2016 :  11:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2016G Sr2 32 and 64-bit b9.3.203
Operating System: Windows 10

Hey everyone,

I am have been experiencing problems with OriginLab since I installed it a month ago. I reinstalled it several times, but nothing changed.

What is the problem? Well, when I start OriginLab, everything works fine. But after some time, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 1 hour, the program hangs. Well, it not really hangs... I can still move the curser and when the curser reaches a klickspot, the field gets another colour. However nothing happens when I klick at it. I cannot even close the program, save my file or change anything in the document. The only thing I can do is to copy columns and lines out of the tables (but I cannot choose another table than the active one).

I noticed that the problem occurs especially when I am working in the tables. For the time I am working with OriginLab, I have not got problems working in the graphs.

I tried compatibility mode, but it does not help.

Does anyone know the reason for this problem?

Thank you for helping!

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2016 :  05:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Airbusf,

Please turn of auto-save and see if the problem is solved:

1. Select Tools: Options.
2. Go to Open/Close tab and uncheck “Autosave project...” checkbox.

If the problem happens again, please tell me what operation causes the frozen? Does every OPJ have this problem or a special OPJ? If it only happens in one OPJ, please send it to us. You can send email to tech@originlab.com.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

Edited by - AmandaLu on 05/24/2016 05:13:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Airbusf

2 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2016 :  05:04:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Amanda,

after some weeks I opened Origin again today and unchecked the mentioned checkbox. Unfortunately the problem occured again. It occurs with all .opj files, but only when I am editing tables. I have never had the problem when I worked on graphics. I'll try to spot the exact action that causes the problem and will report it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000