The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Aligning X-Axis of 3 Graphs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mar_Der

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2017 :  12:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2016 Sr1

Hello,

I have three rows of Time-Temperature data as shown in the fig.

In order to get average values, I want to align 2 of the 3 graphs to the maximum with the smalles index. Currently I do all the work manually by searching for each maximum and its index (by columns statistics) and copying the cooresponding data to a new workbook depending on the distance of the data maximum to the maximum with the smallest index.

Since I do have several hundred graphs I would be very thankfull if someone could show me a way to get an automated solution for this work.

Best whishes
Mar

nick_n

Finland
125 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2017 :  3:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
It is a quite specific task. Follow istructions.
1. select data columns
2. open script window (CRTL+SHIF+3)
3. put this script in window:

int ii, iXmax;
double Xmax, maxVal, sampling;
loop (ii, wks.c1, wks.c2)
{
sampling=wks.col$(ii).xinc;
maxVal=max(wcol(ii));
iXmax=list(maxVal, wcol(ii));
Xmax=iXmax*sampling;
wks.col$(ii).xinit =-Xmax;
}

4. plot your data
5. Menu: Analysis>Mathmatics>Average Multiple Curves
6. set your prefecences, see more at http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Math-AveCurve

Here is some disadvantages. One of them is bad/noisy start and end of averaged traces, however, you can delete them.
Best,

Nikolay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000