The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Difference between fixed points for multiple data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2020 :  3:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2019b (64-bit) 9.6.5.169
Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

I have many sheets with TGA data (Mass Loss versus Temperature) and want to calculate the difference between fixed temperature points for each dataset. For example, I need to get a total mass loss at 0-100°C (Mass Loss 1) and 250-600°C (Mass Loss 2) and put the results in a separate table (source sheet name, Mass Loss 1, and Mass Loss 2).

Does Orginin has a handy module(s) for this?
Or the LT is the most straightforward way to follow?

Thank you.

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2020 :  3:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Column Formula is the best developed framework in Origin, so best would be to use that. Function can be written in LT or in OC, OC function would be much faster due to many existing vector operations and math functions.

CP
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2020 :  5:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cpyang

Column Formula is the best developed framework in Origin, so best would be to use that. Function can be written in LT or in OC, OC function would be much faster due to many existing vector operations and math functions.

CP

Hm...
Sounds interesting.
Can you share a good example of column formula acting over different sheets in the specified workbook, please?
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2020 :  6:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We can prepare a blog on this, but can you see if this is useful?

https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Wks-SetColVal-Expression

CP

Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2020 :  5:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What column formula I should use to populate the table with interpolated values based on X from column A and sheet names from column label row "Sheet"?

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2020 :  1:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

See the illustration below for one good method to achieve what you want.

Note how I used the Sheet label row in this snippet:

%(wcol(j)[Sheet]$)!(1,2); 

You can specify user-defined label rows that way. For more information related to label rows, see: https://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/ref/Column-Label-Row-Characters

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2020 :  6:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chris D

Note how I used the Sheet label row in this snippet:

%(wcol(j)[Sheet]$)!(1,2); 

You can specify user-defined label rows that way. For more information related to label rows, see: https://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/ref/Column-Label-Row-Characters

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

Thank you for sharing this!

What does (1,2) mean in the %(wcol(j)[Sheet]$)!(1,2)?
Where can I read about this syntax?

Also, how do I force automatic update of the set Column Values?
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2020 :  9:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
See
https://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/guide/Range-Notation#XY_and_XYZ_Range

As for Auto Update, as long as Recalculate is Auto, then it will auto update.

CP
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2020 :  5:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

See
https://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/guide/Range-Notation#XY_and_XYZ_Range

As for Auto Update, as long as Recalculate is Auto, then it will auto update.

CP

Got it. Thank you.

As for Auto Update: it works only if I clear formula cell and re-enter it again:

How do I achieve Auto Update if I change the values in Column Label Rows?

Edited by - AKazak on 05/23/2020 5:21:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  5:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can you reproduce this?

---
AK
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  5:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is because you are using the same column's label row value as input. Currently Origin cannot tell if the calculation is making changes to the label row or not, so the potential of a cyclic reference prevented that recalculate.

Is there a way that you can avoid that?

CP
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  04:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

This is because you are using the same column's label row value as input. Currently Origin cannot tell if the calculation is making changes to the label row or not, so the potential of a cyclic reference prevented that recalculate.

Is there a way that you can avoid that?

CP

I see the point.
My idea is to design a summary sheet that would collect the required information from the other sheets. Essential places for the target data coordinates are Columns' Label Rows. Therefore I don't see a good way to avoid this.

Is there an option to disable the cyclic reference prevention for a selected sheet?

---
AK
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  06:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have submitted ORG-21998, so we will see, basically to add a system variable to indicate that label row area is not going to be output of any recalculation.

CP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000