The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin is unable to launch Excel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

PeggyS

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  12:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to open an internal excel window in origin. However, I am getting this error message:
'Origin is unable to launch Excel. Please make sure that Excel is properly installed.
If Excel is already installed on your computer, you may need to restart Windows.'

The IT has updated and checked my excel and everything is fine. We also tried origin version 2019/2020b/2021 and I am getting the same problem. Does someone know how to solve this problem?
I have also tried the trick mentioned in: 5.24 FAQ-508 Troubleshooting of Excel Errors in Origin; with no success.

Thanks,

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  03:54:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Why do you need to launch Excel inside Origin?

That technology to launch another application in a OLE way was decades old and there are can be all kinds of reasons that it does not work, one of them being newer version of MS Office.

You will be much better off to use the Excel Connector to bring in the data while still keeping your original data in Excel files.

CP
Go to Top of Page

PeggyS

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  5:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I am not sure if I explained my problem correctly. I just want to open the excel window in origin.

Why is this still an option in the program if it is an older function?
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2021 :  8:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That button was removed in recent versions, so which version of Origin are you using?

Please try excel import from

Data > Connect to File > Excel

CP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000