The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin is extremely slow (every version)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

FB5

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2021 :  3:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Operating System: Windows 10

Hey Forum

did anyone have the issue that Origin is extremely slow?
Simply changing colours of a scatter plot takes forever.
I have measured 10 seconds switching between symbols or just going to axis"

The same issue with 2021, 2018 and 2019

Edited by - FB5 on 04/09/2021 3:42:08 PM

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2021 :  4:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
Is it scatter plot of one Y or multiple Y? How many rows of data?
Is the scatter plot transparent or not?

Best,
Snow

Go to Top of Page

FB5

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2021 :  8:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Snow

It is literally in every kind of plot, the scatter plot was just an example. It happens already with 2 data points in a new project.

I have used Origin years ago to work with millions of data points and no issues whatsoever.

FB

Edited by - FB5 on 04/10/2021 12:21:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2021 :  12:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Then it must be something special one your PC.

1. Could you check if your Windows 10 version https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Origin-slow-Windows-10-Fall-Creators-Update-2017
2. What is your license type? Network license or nodelocked?

3. Could you check this FAQ https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/origin-not-work
and see if some applies to you.
E.g. P3 mentioned User files folder over network or some printer drive could mess up with Origin.

Best,
Snow
Go to Top of Page

FB5

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2021 :  3:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have every Windows 10 update there is and I would add the problems are at my desktop and my laptop.

It is an annual licence via the University of Sheffield. so I guess network?

I am aware of the printer trick and I have all drivers already removed. While I do have a network drive (google drive) Origin certainly does not in any way interact with it.

I appreciate your help.
quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Then it must be something special one your PC.

1. Could you check if your Windows 10 version https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Origin-slow-Windows-10-Fall-Creators-Update-2017
2. What is your license type? Network license or nodelocked?

3. Could you check this FAQ https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/origin-not-work
and see if some applies to you.
E.g. P3 mentioned User files folder over network or some printer drive could mess up with Origin.

Best,
Snow

Edited by - FB5 on 04/12/2021 3:21:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2021 :  3:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi FB,

I sent an email to you via our ticket system with instruction to generate debug log file in your Origin 2021.

Could you reply that email with debug log file generated?
Once we got the log file, i will ask our developer to check.

Best,
Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000