The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Accessing SQLite database
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

onoseque

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2021 :  04:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release OriginPro 2021 (64-bit)
9.8.0.200 (Student Version)
Operating System:Windows

I want to use Origin to process previously generated data, which is stored in a .db database (SQLite). But I don't manage to connect to the data base. I have downloaded an OBDC driver, but I am not sure what is expected as Data Source Name and server, as I have no server, the data base is stored in my PC? And the data base is not password protected so I am also not sure what is expected with username and password down the line - I have tried my PC username and pass, but doesn't work of course...
Would appreciate the help! Thanks!

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2021 :  09:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can you follow the steps below?
1. Download an ODBC driver for SQLite, which is available at http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/. Download sqliteodbc.exe file from this website. Run the .exe to install.
2. Open ODBC Data Source tool in windows (search it in Windows search box), add a DSN that connects to your db file.

3. In Origin, start a new worksheet and select menu Data:Connect to Database:New..., select ODBC data source, find the DSN that you just created to connect.

James

Edited by - YimingChen on 04/15/2021 09:14:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2021 :  10:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
SQLite support is greatly improved in Origin 2021b. It is no longer necessary to create ODBC Data Source in Windows, you can now just directly connect to a .db, .sqlite file.

We also added support to export, or update a SQLite database from Origin.

CP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000