The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Schematics in Origin?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

4rine

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2026 :  1:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows 11

Hello all, I am new to Origin. A friend recommended to me the 2024 OriginPro edition to help make schematics for work. I've fiddled around with the program very briefly but as far as I can tell the program does not seem to have a specific tool for drawing or schematic building. Admittedly I am more familiar with tools like Photoshop for this kind of thing so it may be that I'm just looking in the wrong places. Does anyone recommend using OriginPro for schematics like these, and if so, I would appreciate any supplementary material on how to get started





Image sources
1: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/349843137_End_to_end_process_evaluation_for_additively_manufactured_liquid_rocket_engine_thrust_chambers
2: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337800776_Manufacturing_Methods_Microstructural_and_Mechanical_Properties_Evolutions_of_High-Entropy_Alloys_A_Review

ChaoC

USA
249 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2026 :  2:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Origin is a powerful too that focuses on graphing and data processing.
So unfortunately, you won't find any schematics tools in the software.

You could import images into a graph and label them.
E.g.
https://docs.originlab.com/quick-help/image-graph-origin/
https://docs.originlab.com/origin-help/create-textlabel/

But I think you would be better off looking at other software (like Photoshop or CAD).

Best,
Chao
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000