The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Graph Legend Margins increasing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Dominik Paulkowski

Germany
Posted - 03/09/2009 :  09:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 7.5 SR6.1
Operating System: Windows XP

Hello!

I have an issue with the resfresh legend or "new legend" function. If I plot one or more graphs in a diagram and use the "new legend" button once or a couple of times the legend or better its overall margin is increasing.

The problem is reproducable. It looks like it occurs as soon as the column label is exceeding more than 8 characters.

Is there a way, to get low margins between symbols/text and border in the legend?

Best regards,
Dominik

-------------------
:-Dipl.-Phys. Dominik Paulkowski
Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films (IST)
Braunschweig
Germany

Deanna

China
Posted - 03/09/2009 :  11:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Dominik,

Sorry I cannot reproduce this problem on my PC. I doubt whether this is related to some data with which you created the plot. Would you please send your data and graphs to me?

Please see the below page for the instructions on sending files:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=1&lm=123&pid=752

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

Dominik Paulkowski

Germany
Posted - 03/24/2009 :  03:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello!

One of the support team had a useful hint for setting up the legend margins manually:

Clicking once with the left mouse button on the border of the legend. The margin size control handels (parallel lines symbols around the legend; not the filled little squares) will apear. These control handles can be used to adjust the margin border manually.

Thank you, Greg!

Best regards,
Dominik

-------------------
:-Dipl.-Phys. Dominik Paulkowski
Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films (IST)
Braunschweig
Germany
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000