The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Plot: Color groups of graphs differently
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Eberhard2010

8 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  5:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0 SR0
Operating System:XP Pro

Hallo,

ich searched the whole day and I'm very frustrated by Origin.
I`ve one Plot-window, and serveral groups of graphs(data coulumns). The First groups includes 6 columns the next only 4 columns. So the auto-color functions starts with black at every group for the first graph(column).
The second color will be red, blue and so one.
Now I want to start the second group instead of black with blue... I found Plot_Details/second_group/group/linecolor the right function for that. But It sucks. So what's wrong?
The programm had costs to much to suck at this point.
AnyOne an idea?

Sincerely Eberhard.

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  6:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
in the Group tab, you should see

Line Color, By One, color-band

and you can click that color-band and is a small [...] button should appear and then you click that [...] to open a new dialog to edit the list of colors.

BTW, maybe you should update to the latest Service Release?

CP
Go to Top of Page

Eberhard2010

8 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  6:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi cpyang,

thx for your reply. I know what you mean. That's what I had done. This functions so far at the first half of my plots.
The other half, the problem resists even if i setup everything like in the other plots. Either they "begin" all with black or all with blue.

the only way out for me is to assign all manually. grr.
I dont know how to get the updates to offline hdd. I'm not a friend of online updates, because Im not able to backup them.

Regards Eberhard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000