The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Plot -solid, dotted, dash problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

circumvent

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  3:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: 8.0

I run into a problem in plotting lines.

I have dataset about 1600 points, then plot them into a line, choose the line type as dashed (or dotted). The legend looks OK, but the real plot is different. If I use size 0.5, the plot is dotted. if i change it to 1, or 2, or even bigger, the plot now looks like solid line.

Now I put the whole figure into a layout, (1/4 of the page). The line looks like solid (for big size) or dotted (for size 2). I choose size 2 so at least it looks like dotted now.

I export the figure out into either png or jpg. everything is messed up. The plot is SOLID. But the legend is still dotted (or dash)

What should I do to solve the problem. Thanks

circumvent

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  3:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One sentence summary

When you plot a line using solid, or dash, or dotted type, the output figure may always become solid when the line size is big.

Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  9:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For on screen display to see thick dash lines, see this post,

http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7687

but for export to png etc, I cannot reproduce the problem in SR4. Can you check if you have already updated to SR4?

Did you get the png or jpg by choosing

File->Export Graph

from main menu?

CP

Go to Top of Page

circumvent

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  3:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It is working now after I use print view

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000