The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Select x-axis in "Plot Setup" in SR5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

phics

S. Korea
Posted - 05/08/2009 :  10:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0 SR5
Operating System: WinXP

Hello,

I upgraded to SR5 and could be aware of change in "Plot Setup",
which appears when I left-click the left-top part of plot windows.

Before SR5, I could select x-axis column by checking, but I can't after SR5.
I felt it was great and convenient tool appeared in Origin 8.0, but I think it is not available.

Of course it is possible to make worksheet like,
X1 Y1(b) Y1(c) Y1(d) X2 Y2, and then copy Y1(b) to Y2(b) and plot.

But it will be more convenient only with
X1 Y1(b) Y1(c) Y1(d) X2, and possible to plot both X1 vs Y1(b) and X2 vs Y1(b).

If there is option button which I couldn't see, or another method, please let me know.

Thank you,

HJ

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  3:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, there is a new button, on the right. It shows two horizontal arrows and on the left of the panel-open-close button.

This buttton toggles between two modes:

1. Default Mode: Use Worksheet Column designations so you can quickly select multiple columns to plot, similar to how the old Layer Contents dialog works.

2. Custom Mode: This is the old Plot Setup mode that you are familiar with. This mode allows choosing XY regardless of worksheet settings.

CP
Go to Top of Page

phics

S. Korea
Posted - 05/10/2009 :  12:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you!

This really helps me.

Default mode is also convenient in usual situation.

This becomes better and better.

HJ
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  09:46:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi HJ,

If you press F1 key when the dialog is open, the help file opens for this dialog and this new button and how it works is documented in the help file.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000