The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 No Error Displayed for NonLinear Curve Fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

stephlam

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  12:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am doing some nonlinear curve fitting and some of the errors for my parameters do not show, i.e. I get a "--" instead of a number. Does this mean that the error is too large for these parameters?

Also, what does "dependency" mean?

I am using Origin 6.

Thanks.

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  4:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

A missing value "--" for error probably means the fit did not converge so the iterative procedure could not estimate the error on the parameter. Dependency value close to 1 indicates that the function could be overparameterized (more parameters than is necessary). When function is overparameterized it is possible for the fit to not converge and result in missing values for errors.

You may want to consider rewriting your equation or fixing some of the parameters to "known/acceptable" values.

Also try the Origin 8 version by downloading the demo, improvements have been made over time in areas such as convergence.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000