The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Linking two matrices in one colour mapped diagram
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

torstenschwarz

9 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  11:56:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 8.5.0 SR1
Operating System: Win 7 64bit

Hello,

I have two matrices of 200x256 cells reflecting a map from a scan of a sample with 200 pixels in y-direction and 256 pixels in x-direction. One matrix is filled with wavelength numbers and the second one with intensity values, every value belongs to one single pixel. Now I want to get a x-y-diagram showing how many times one wavelength belongs to one certain intensity (intensity as x, wavelength as y). And the frequency of the wavelength belonging to one intensity should be colour coded.

Is there a solution? Or it would even help me if I can connect wavelength and intensity in one diagram without colour coding the frequency.

A brute force method would be to create a worksheat with one x and y column and copy every 2x256 columns in this worksheet. But this is realy hard work/take much time. And I had to do this for more than one time...

Thanks for every helpful hint.

torstenschwarz

9 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  12:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What I would expect to get is a coloured cloud of pixels.
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  8:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin 8.5 supports surface plot with the pixel color coming from another matrix. See http://originlab.com/www/products/GraphGallery.aspx?GID=214&s=8&lm=215

You just need to put both matrices in the same matrix sheet, as matrix object1 and matrix object 2, then make matrix object 1 active and plot it as a Color Fill Surface plot. Then choose "Front Color" popup to pick "Use matrix values" and pick the 2nd matrix as colormap.

CP
Go to Top of Page

torstenschwarz

9 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  2:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your quick answer. I could solve my problem myself (I had to use "Convert to XYZ" to get my data my way).

But I also tried your solution. There is only one problem. When clicking "Front color" to use the matrix values from the second matrix, I only can choose the first matrix. I don't know why...
Can you send me sample with two simple matrices?
That would be nice.

Torsten
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  9:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You need to put both matrices into one sheet.

Here is a tutorial link that you can follow:
http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=Tutorial:Colormap_from_Second_Matrix

Also, you can turn on the Image Thumbnail and you should see two images if you have put both in same sheet.

Also, you need to plot with the first matrix object active.

CP

Go to Top of Page

torstenschwarz

9 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  4:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the second link. Now it works very well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000