The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Alternative Unstack Columns?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

LC_

42 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  10:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.0 SR1
Operating System: Win7

I have "some" (a couple hundred files) of stacked data files which would usually be supplied as unstacked data (and therefore a lot easier to be plot and handled). I tried to use the Worksheets >> Unstack Columns command, but the way data is displayed it becomes difficult to handle such large number of columns at once (198 columns x 22 series = 4356 columns in a single worksheet). Therefore

1) How to unstack the data to incremental worksheets with unstacked data instead of having one unstacked worksheet with incremental columns? Am I missing something or do I have to use a script to do that?

2) If there is really no way to unstack the data to incremental worksheets using the Unstack Columns command, then it should be there. Simple reason is that it would be practicable to plot unstacked data in a rather easy way with the Plot Setup - instead of selecting al the desired worksheets in the Plot Setup and plotting the desired column (three steps), one has to select all columns in the unstacked worksheet and plot them (at least twenty four steps in this case and takes forever to find one column in 4356).

Thanks

LC_

42 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  10:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would just like to add that Unstacking using Short names as identifiers generates a worksheet with standard Column names (A, B, C, etc.) and if Long names are not used it is impossible to identify the previous column names. Although understandable in the current case (otherwise column names would be duplicated), while unstacking data to incremental worksheets I would like to keep the same column name structure, therefore creating "copies" of the original workbook with incremental data, keeping the same structure of Short names, Long names, units, etc.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 07/20/2011 :  01:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Leonardo:

We don't have this option in unstack dialog.

We are planning to make a new X-Function, wsplit_sheet, to split one worksheet into multiple sheet, according info from worksheet headers, etc. But this X-Function will be available in our next version.

I will send the X-Function to your email, please have drag-n-drop the file into Origin, then you can type

wsplit_sheet -d

And press Enter to open the X-Function dialog. It's not the final version, so, if you have any suggestion or found any problems, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000