The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 impASC vs. open -w %1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gleeblejim

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  10:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Could someone please explain the difference between open -w %1 and impasc %1? I found out that impasc give me issues sometimes with short names and importing files, but open -w doesn't yet it does give me issues with units.

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  4:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
open -w is an old Labtalk command that you do not have anyway of specifying import options.

impasc is the new X function that allows full scripting control. Best way is for you to first use the Import Single ASCII menu command to open the dialog for impasc and adjust the settings so everything is working right, then you can choose "Generate Script" from the Dialog Theme popup menu to give you the script that you can then modify to use in your code.

CP
Go to Top of Page

gleeblejim

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  06:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
AWESOME! I'll look into that! Thanks again CP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000